Who we are
At the Law Offices of Edward P. Shamy, we’ve been serving the community on a broad range of legal matters for more than twenty six years, and we are proud of the excellent reputation we have built over that time. We are a full service law firm offering our clients strong, effective representation with a courteous, personal touch. We are motivated to help our clients solve their problems and attain their objectives. Our goal is to build a lifelong relationship that our clients can trust and depend on whenever legal matters arise.
What Makes Our Law Firm Different?
We know that our profession is one of service to those we represent and we strive, always, to respond to our client’s needs. We are diligent about keeping clients informed, promptly returning their phone calls, and copying our clients on all correspondence regarding their case.
All matters are handled personally by Edward P. Shamy, Jr. He is supported by a staff of paralegals and secretaries who are specialists. In our team organization there are staff members who are dedicated solely to handling real estate matters, while some are experienced in personal injury or workers compensation cases, and others are focused on the remaining areas of the practice. These individuals possess a high level of knowledge and expertise which has proven to be extremely helpful to our clients and results in great efficiency and accuracy.
We believe in the personal touch, and that starts with your first call to our offices. You will be greeted by a receptionist, and not by an automated answering machine.
What Comprises a Good Lawyer?
- A thorough knowledge of the law
- The tools and support systems necessary to perform the work at hand
- Courtesy and professionalism
- An ability to deliver on promises as expeditiously as possible
- The experience to “get it done”
“A good lawyer treats the client with respect and with importance.”
– Edward P. Shamy, Jr.
Our Business Philosophy
Experienced and Effective Service, Delivered with Integrity and Courtesy
We are motivated to help people. When we represent a client, we hope that they will come to regard us as their attorney for life. We pride ourselves on our ability to solve problems and develop creative solutions. We try to think outside of the box – this ability and our many years of experience has permitted us to consistently achieve successful outcomes for our clients.
Edward P. Shamy, Jr.
Mr. Shamy has been in practice for more than 26 years. Since establishing his own law firm in 1985, Mr. Shamy has offered clients a full service practice with emphasis on personal injury, workers compensation, municipal court, real estate, wills and estate planning. Key accomplishments include:
- Admission to the Bar of the State of New Jersey, 1982
- Admission to the Bar of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1982
- Municipal Prosecutor, Township of Hillsborough, New Jersey, 2000 to 2003
- Municipal Prosecutor, Township of North Brunswick, New Jersey, 1986 to 1999
- District Fee Arbitration Committee, Middlesex County, District VIII, 1990 to 1993
- Condemnation Commissioner, Middlesex County, New Jersey, 1990 to present
- Arbitrator, Middlesex County Arbitration Program, 1988 to present
B.A. University of Pennsylvania, 1977.
J.D. University of Richmond, 1982.
New Jersey State Bar Association
American Trial Lawyers Association for the State of New Jersey
Middlesex County Bar Association
Middlesex County Trial Lawyers Association